Thursday, November 20, 2008

QUILT PROGRESS??

I am learning a lot about quilting from making this family tree quilt. #1 is that I don't know as much as I think I do and this project is definitely turning my hair gray. Thank goodness for highlights:) My faulty meandering is going pretty well in the sky but the tree has turned out to be a different matter. I've gotten a suggestion or two to try so I made a practice piece by adhering some scraps with stitch witchery and making a quilt sandwich to try the ideas out on -- I sure don't want to have to take more stitches out of the real thing if I can help it. That brings me to #2 on my list --- NEVER throw away scraps until the quilt is completely finished. I had a lot of tree fabric left over after cutting the tree out -- at least plenty for practicing and it already had stitch witchery adhered to it, but I threw it away. Hence the wasting of more fabric and stitch witchery to practice with. So, after I grab a bite and straighten the kitchen, I'm going to see if I can figure out a way to quilt the tree itself -- if not, I'll have to work around it. In the meantime, don't look to closely at the photo I've posted.





2 comments:

YaYa and Pops said...

I think it looks absolutely beautiful. I'm not an expert or even informed about quilts, but I just love it!

jennifer said...

It loooks great mom. I love the swirlies. That is the technical term right?