Well, I got the tree quilt sandwiched and began the quilting process. First of all when I was practicing, the bobbin kept pulling the top thread through to the bottom. I kept adjusting the tension but it wasn't making much if any difference. Finally I called the Bernina shop where I got my machine. They couldn't give me any suggestions. So, I called someone here that does a lot of quilting and uses a BSR (Bernina Stitch Regulator) and she suggested I adjust the little screw on the bobbin holder. I knew that was something you can do to adjust the tension but just didn't think about it. It's one of those things that 's available but they always tell you to be very very careful about doing it. Anyway, it worked and the tension was fine after that. So, I started meandering around the quilt and every time I went over a leaf, it would skip stitches. Don't know if it's because they are stiff because of the embroidery and stabilizer or if I needed a better needle. I'm using an almost brand new titanium needle and I don't think I could do any better than that. Anyway, after about 40 minutes of hating most of what I stitched, I stopped and spent the next four hours taking out all the stitches. So, after getting some input from a couple of people today, I'm going to use a brand new needle and try again -- I'm going to just catch the edge of a leaf rather than go across it. I'll see how that goes. If it still skips I'll just skip the leaves and go back and tack them by hand.
On a brighter note, I've used up all my diapers now except one making burp cloths. Here is the last batch I did. -- No embroidery this time - except the pink one I'd already done but hadn't sewn it together til yesterday.



For those who didn't know -- I was picked for jury duty last week. I was in court for three days. It was a murder case -- choices of not guilty by self defense, guilty of murder or guilty of manslaughter. We found the defendant guilty of manslaughter. The judge was awesome -- I'll tell that story another time.
Hope everyone had a wonderful weekend and has a great week.
No comments:
Post a Comment