Sunday, August 3, 2008

IN NASHVEGAS AND A LINK TO A MUST READ BLOG ENTRY

Michael, Brian and I left Cleveland around 2:30 yesterday and arrived in Nashville last around 7:30. We got invited to go to a downtown "nightspot" to watch the brother of a friend playing with a band. I didn't think to take my camera but we had a fun - noisy time. I was glad when we left -- clubbing or bar hopping or whatever it's called will never make it to the top of my "Fun Things" to do list. It was just way too loud. Anyway, we had a good night's rest, went to Otter Creek for church and then met up with Gramma Peggy to get Avery -- my reason for being here for the week. We ate with Gramma Peggy at Chili's and then came home. After a quick trip to the grocery with Michael and Avery, we came home, woke up Uncle Brian and all headed out to the annual Martha O'Brien Ice Cream Crankin. It was a charity event to raise money for "women in need". There were a bazillion flavors of homemade icecream to taste. I had some peach -- my favorite -- one that had cranberries in it -- not bad -- one that tasted like reece's peanut butter cups -- good -- and a couple of others that obviously didn't make much of an imppression. Michael and Brian tried a mystery flavor that had lots of sweet with a POW of "hot peppers" added to it. Anyway, Purity icecream here in Nasville always picks a winner and then they produce and sell that icecream at local stores the next year. It was fun.

Now that we are caught up, the real reason for the post. I was perusing Cheri's blog links (thanks for having links to such good blogs :)) and I read this entry. If you have young children, I guarantee you will have an occassion such as this to come up one day. What a great ending to what can be such a downer for your kid to experience. And it doesn't have to be the Dad that does what this dad did. Mom's can do it just as easily. Read this -- it will make your day and be a great addition to your arsenal of what to do if's.



http://rocksinmydryer.typepad.com/shannon/2008/08/his-mountain.html

2 comments:

YaYa and Pops said...

I loved that story also and that blog is one of my favorite ones. She is a good writer. Glad you and Avery and "the boys" are having such a good time. Enjoy your time with Avery.

TexasNeals said...

yep, i loved the story too.
hope you have a nice week in nashville. :)