I've felt worse as the week has progressed and had a really hard time getting up Thursday and Friday and getting off to school. However last night was the worst. I kept coughing and that kept waking me up. Needless to say, I've had better night's sleep. I've been very lazy today. Went out about 10 and got some heavy duty OTC medicine for my sinuses and cough and to get a few things at Kroger. Then a litlle while ago I went back out and got cough syrup -- just fot at night. I've done as much as I can on my "Yellow Brick Road" quilt --with the blues and yellows -- until I get my backing and the sash/binding fabrics. I want to cut a few strips from them just so they will be represented in the blocks. I'm learning -- but for me it will take a long time -- that I don't have to "match" fabrics that are going to be beside eachother. For one thing, that is an impossible task for me because I am so indecisive -- and that has been my "rule" and it's one I need to ditch. When you have lots of different fabrics within one quilt, you can't "match" -- you just want them to go together. And you can always change things around a little as you go. If you don't like two wild prints next to each other move one. Sometimes I spend way to much time trying to decide which two fabrics will look best together. I'm learning that for the most part, they all look good together as long as you leave ther word "match" out of the equation.
I'm including pics of my strips I've done for the Yellow Brick Road Quilt so far. Actually, I had cut some 6 1/2" stips and some 3 1/2" strips. You sew a 6 1/2 and a 3 1/2 together and then you cut those into 6 1/2 and 3 1/2 inch rectangles so that's where I am right now. I should get the other fabric Monday or Tues. It is only coming from Vicksburg.
_640x480.JPG)
You can see that the Toby radar was on as usual. He was laying down while I laid this stuff out and then I went to get the camera.
Here are the fabrics for one of the rag quilts I'm making for my girls. I may cut the squares out in a little bit if my energy rares up a little.

Have a great rest of the weekend.

Update 7PM - got my squares cut out, sewed the X and laid them out --
_619x480.JPG)
not very random but....
And you can see the toby radar still works -- the problem is his jump up doesn't so he can't get up on the bed -- sad isn't it:)
2 comments:
the quilt is beautiful, as usual. ;)
sorry you feel cruddy. hope it goes away soon!!!
until then, get your rest and some chicken broth. :)
Hope you feel better soon. Your quilts are very nice. Thanks for entering my 1st giveaway I had. Take care of yourself and rest.
Allison
Post a Comment