Well, I cut down my first tree today and planted it in a new spot. And let me just say I probably won't do it again unless I find more patience somewhere. First I had to go buy some stitch witchery -- it is stuff that

you adhere to fabric with an iron and then peel the paper off the back and adhere what you cut out-- like a tree with a million branches --to another fabric. It comes as a tape or a roll that' s about 18" wide. I adhered the stitch witchery to the back of the tree fabric. Then I traced the tree pattern onto the paper backing. Then I cut the tree out. All of that took several hours. And the fabric for the tree ended up being about 4 inches too short so I ended up peicing the bottom of the trunk. I laid it out on the background and it looks pretty good. It is going to be a long process to adhere the tree to the background. I'll have to lay it out on the bed maybe and get all the little branches flat before I start pressing. Once it's adhered to the background, I can start adding my leaves.
Before I started on the tree I add the borders to my red quilt. first I did the two inch yellow border.

And then I added the 6 1/2 inch red border.

Now all that I have left to do is put it together and quilt it.
Not bad for a Saturday's work.
4 comments:
Mom those quilts look awesome especially the tree one. Gma is going to love it. Who is the other one for? Susan? whoever it is for is going to love it too. I love the colors. They look great. Good luck with the branches. Lubs.
Very cute! I don't envy you for having to cut out that tree. I can't wait to see the finished project. Good luck!
that post made me tired. if i ever get inspired to do a quilt w/ a tree on it, please stop me!!! but man, it looks good!!! great job, she's going to LOVE it. i wanna be there when you give it to her!!!! :)
that post made me tired. if i ever get inspired to do a quilt w/ a tree on it, please stop me!!! but man, it looks good!!! great job, she's going to LOVE it. i wanna be there when you give it to her!!!! :)
Post a Comment