
HAS ANYONE SEEN THIS PERSON?
The name is Shanieka -- wherebouts unknown
The name is Shanieka -- wherebouts unknown
Here's the deal. I was checking my bank account online today. I found a charge that didn't look familiar. Seems my "friend" Shanieka has been doing things in my bank account that even I don't do. The charge was from a company that adds minutes to prepaid phones and phonecards. I have neither. I googled it on the internet and found several articles about people who had accused this company of fraudulant charges on prepaid phones/phone cards. I called the company. I had to give the guy my debit card number so he could look for the charge. He couldn't find anything so he said if I could give him my bank's routing and account number he would search that way. Well, I didn't feel comfortable doing that. He said he understood but under the circumstances I might want to consider closing the account. So, I called Michael and immediately started crying -- I just do that so easily these days and it really doesn't help my independent I can handle anything persona if you know what I mean. Anyway, after my falling apart moment, I explained what was going on. He asked me some questions and as I was looking over my printout, I noticed two Pay Pal charges -- the ones they do to verify your bank account. And then another from the prepaid company. That made 216 dollars and then the 25 cents from pay pal. Okay - now I'm angry (didn't need to worry about crying anymore). Michael felt like I should close the account to and also see about how to get the money back. Anyway, I ended up leaving school early and going to the bank and talking to Lowell. They did some looking and found another number to call. I called and this time I did give the lady my routing number, etc, and she found my friend Shanieka who had maad the two charges and had attempted 3 others that were denied. So, they have blocked my name so now prepaid phone I was going to shop for is out of the question. They are also investigating and I hope they find Shanieka or whoever the person is. For now I'm not closing the account but I'll be checking it every day and if any other charges show up I will. I just don't know how anyone got a hold of my account information. Think I'm definitely going to get a better shredder and start shredding everything that doesn't shred me first.

4 comments:
I am so sorry to hear that Vail, that is scary and especially when you are careful about such things. I would want to know how they got my info (as I'm sure you do) so that I would know if it was some where that I slipped up but I guess you will never be able to find that out, but if you do please let me know. I always try to be so careful with all the identity theft that goes on but I suppose no matter how careful we are it can happen.
YIKES! so sorry. that would make me mad and scared too!! hope you get everything worked out...and your money back too!
Check for Disneyland charges....I think I saw that girl in Snow Whites scary adventure :) Hope everything gets all worked out. Keep us posted.
that is freaky - I'm sooo concerned about that stuff! good thing you caught it before "Miss Thang" went on a major shopping spree!!
Post a Comment