Tuesday, September 22, 2009

PROGRESS

I’m hoping my painters will be gone after tomorrow.  I really like the colors – all four of them.  The kitchen is a pretty yellow – alot lighter than the mustardy gold it was.  The red wall is gone replaced by a neutral greeny brown color.  That color is in my bedroom too and a shade or two darker is in all the other rooms except my bathroom which is blue.  I promise to post pictures as I get each sort of settled.  I did change the lights in the bathrooms.  Here is the before -

Bathroom lights (6) Bathroom lights (4)

The light had already been taken down in my bathroom but you can see the style from the other pic.

And here is the after

Bathroom lights (2) Bathroom lights

I really  like the lights.  The problem is the mirrors are a little too tall for where they are placed but I plan to have the mirrors cut down a little and frame them out in the not too distant future and I think that will solve the problem.  I wonder if the glass place makes house calls????? :)

Tomorrow is a big day – or should I say today – I didn’t realize how late it is.  My new appliances are going to be delivered.  I can’t wait to have cold filtered water and an oven with time bake.  I’ll definitely be posting pictures of the new kitchen bling.

3 comments:

Thena said...

I'm sure it looks beautiful. Amazing what a fresh coat of paint can do to a room.

Antique Mommy said...

I love your new lights. I used to do interior design work and I used those fixtures often. On your mirror, you might get off cheaper just buying a framed mirror at TJMaxx or Marshalls or one of those kinds of stores, instead of going to the trouble of having the mirror cut down and framed. Just a thought.

J. Mo said...

Glad to see you're making this house your Home... It looks good!

Johnny