Tuesday, September 15, 2009

A LITTLE CATCH UP

I like to call this picture “Moon over Ridgemeade” (that’s the name of our family farm)

Trip to PA 9_09 (9)

Why? You might ask …. well, every time Toby went outside at mother’s or got out of the car, he would hold his nose up, sniff the air to the left and to the right and then head straight down the hill to the pond.  He would almost always go to the same spot and drink like he was sitting at the local soda fountain and all we would see for that minute or two was his rear end barely showing above the bank of the pond.  (Just so you know, there was always a big bowl of water sitting on the kitchen floor but he hardly ever touched that). 

This is Frieda .  She is two or there abouts.  She is a very sweet Doberman.

    Trip to PA 9_09 (36) Trip to PA 9_09 (24)

Trip to PA 9_09 (28)a Trip to PA 9_09 (27)a

Just as I hoped to capture her most charming regalness, she did this ……

Trip to PA 9_09 (30)a

Guess she was getting tired of posing :)

When growing up I can remember how some summers the Japanese Beetles were everywhere – kind of like this

Trip to PA 9_09 (4)a Trip to PA 9_09 (2)a Trip to PA 9_09 (3)a

Thar’s good eatin in them thar flowers.

And this guy was sitting on a pitchfork on the back porch

Trip to PA 9_09 (13)a

Trip to PA 9_09 (12)a

He’s kind of cute in a scary sort of way.

You may remember these guys

dead fish (2)a dead fish (3)

Well, for a while this guy was close by on shore

Trip to PA 9_09 (40)a

Don’t know if he was watching the dead fish or his reflection but once the fish were removed he didn’t hang around.

I thought I knew how to set my camera so I could take a picture using the timer  but I left out a step apparently and so before my sister left I got a really good picture of her and mom sans me.

mothers 9_4-09

and then before I left a couple of days later I managed to figure out what I did wrong setting the timer and got one of mom and me and our two  pups

Trip to PA 9_09 (17)a D

Doesn’t she look great for being almost 90!

It’s been nice to be able to go visit twice within a couple of months.  I’m looking forward to visiting family more now that I’m retired.

Tomorrow Jennifer and I are going to find some appliances for my kitchen.  Probably stainless but maybe not.  I’m excited.

I plan on sharing pictures of the house once the floors and painting are finished but here’s a tease for you.

NewLaminate (9) NewLaminate (2) NewLaminate (8)

I just love the flooring I picked out.  It’s all the same but the light makes it look different in the different pictures.

2 comments:

Mabry's gamma said...

So which one of the floor pictures most resemble what the floor color is?

Both pictures of you and Beth with mom look really good. Nice job.

Love Toby's shot how comical.

Vail said...

The first one looks just like the color.