Thursday, June 30, 2011

want to know a secret?

I have developed a love / hate relationship with borders.  I will be so glad to get this quilt finished.  I completed the top a few days weeks months ago and it has been hanging in the closet.  When I took it out to make the backing and get it ready to quilt I noticed how it seemed to be pulling and puckering around the borders.  After several failed attempts at smoothing all those wrinkles,  I finally removed the two borders and took them apart .  I don’t know what I was smoking thinking the day I put the borders on but the inside (black) border was so short that I was able to add a 1 1/2 inch square in each corner and didn’t trim much of anything off  the length  
MEQuilt Sandwich (2)
…and I had to add a little bit to the outside border too.  It is much better but still not perfect.  Anyway, I’m going ahead and finishing the quilt as is and I think it will turn out ok.  This is the front
MEQuiltSandwiched (2)
and this is the back.
 MEQuiltSandwiched (4)
I think it turned out pretty.  I love the bright Mary Englebreit colors with the white.  I’m going to use scraps for the binding and then it will be done.  Woo Hoo!!

5 comments:

Mindy said...

I love these colors and I love paisley!

Barb said...

What a lovely quilt. Sometimes I have a hard time with the borders when the quilt is too big...yours looks wonderful!

Anonymous said...

Looking good. I like the bright colors too.

TexasNeals said...

you are a quilt making MACHINE!!!! super cute!

Polly said...

Love the quilt! You know I love Mary engelbreit, too!! Good job, you!!