Monday, June 27, 2011

my front door

My house is red brick/taupe siding , red shutters that melt into the brick and white doors and trim.   B.O.R.I.N.G.  I’ve been wanting to do something to liven it up. Decided to start with my front door.  So I got this paint sample  and painted the top left quarter of the door --- I just didn’t fall in love with it.

FrontdoorPaint

… and this paint sample and painted the top right quarter of the door and really liked it but after looking at it every time I drove away or returned home for a couple of days weeks, I realized that it was not going to pop with the red brick.

FrontdoorPaint (2)

After several people asked me if I was dcorating early for the fourth with my r/w/b door, I went back to Lowes and looked at paint again.  This is what I ended up with.  The color is evergreen and I liked it so much I didn’t even worry with a sample.  I just got a quart and got busy.  I still have to paint the side lights and I’m also going to take the hardware off and spray paint it with NewDoorColor

some Oil Rubbed Bronze.  The guys have taken my shutters down and I’m going to paint those black.  I think it will look very nice.

Then I will move on to phase 2 which is to  build a grand front porch with a swing and …. figure out how to make the steps leading up to the door more inviting.  But that will be for another day.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Can't wait to see the view from the street with everything all painted.