Tuesday, June 28, 2011

there’s muslin and then there is really nice muslin

I’ve gotten to where I enjoy using muslin to back quilts whenever it’s an option.  I thought I had enough to use as backing for this quilt     
AllBorders (3)
but I don’t.
I have a good bit of muslin that I could use for backing on a wall hanging or a lap quilt that I’m keeping but my really nice muslin that I got on sale is almost used up so I’m going to have to see if JoAnn’s has some more.  I did finish my embroidery  for the back.

EmbQuiltbackBetsy (5)
EmbQuiltbackBetsyEmbQuiltbackBetsy (2)EmbQuiltbackBetsy (4)
The plan is to place these sort of randomly on the back.  Once I figure out the placement, I will cut strips accordingly and piece it together.  Hope everyone is having a great week.

3 comments:

Cheri said...

I LOVE it...what do I have to do to score a "Vail" original quilt?

TexasNeals said...

wow! that is so neat. very cute idea :)

Anonymous said...

Love the idea of the quotes on the back. You are so creative!