Tuesday, May 31, 2011

vail gets a peasant dress

I finally finished Vail’s peasant dress and it turned out really cute.  I used the Portabellopixie pattern – Claire.  It’s the same pattern I used when I took the Petal Knot dress Class and made this dress. 
Finished Petal Knot dress
But this time I made this view

peasant dress_360x480
peasant dress (5)_640x480
peasant dress (3)_360x480
It’s a very loose woven cotton so I finished all the fabric edges with my serger before putting the dress together.  It was my first time to use  shirring on anything.  It was very easy and fun to do.  The directions on the pattern were not really  detailed so I looked up a couple of tutorials on the Internet to kind of fill in some details.  This pattern runs a little small.  I made the six and it fits perfectly.  Vail wears a five usually.
Hope everyone had a great Memorial Day.  I’ll be in my sewing room if anyone wants meSmile


1 comment:

Polly said...

two cute dresses for 2 adorable girls...sigh...wish my two sons would get married so we can get some grandkids...