Tuesday, May 24, 2011

bushes and trees

I planted two new bushes in my backyard.  A really pretty hydrangea that Brian gave me for Mother’s day and a flowering quince that I saw at Kroger a couple of weeks ago.  They always have the prettiest potted plants sitting outside the entrance at the Kroger Market Place here in Spring Hill.
NewBushes2011 (2)
I put the Hydrangea on the north and west side of my backyard fence.  I hope the fence will help protect it a little in the winter.
NewBushes2011
The quince is just in a bare spot in the bed that runs across the back of my house.
I also planted a pot of sweet basil and a pot of rosemary.
I didn’t get a tree like I said I would last summer so I’m getting two  this year.  I found a local nursery – they actually grow most everything they sell .  They have over 500 acres so that’s a lot of growing!! Anyway, I picked out a river birch tree and a red Maple tree.  They recommended someone who would pick them up and bring them to the house and plant them for me and they did just that.
NewTreesMay17NewTreesMay17 (12)NewTreesMay17 (11) 
NewTreesMay17 (8) 
NewTreesMay17 (6) 
NewTreesMay17 (5)
Now I just want them to grow fast!!

No comments: