Friday, May 13, 2011

moda bakeshop strip skirt

I saw this “recipe at the Moda Bake Shop site  several months ago and wanted to try it.  Recently my local Bernina Shop had a class using the pattern for this.  I armed myself with a Jellyroll (the Moda Sunkissed line), my serger and sewing machine and took the class.  It was fun and I only had to finish the elastic and find some ribbon to finish the skirt when I got home.  I decided to get a t-shirt from target and put an applique on it and have an outfit instead of just a skirt.  Now, just five more granddaughters , so five more outfits to go. 
The skirt before total completion.
 Avery's Skirt
Finishing the hedgehog on the t-shirt.
AveryStripSkirtAndtop (2)
A picture of the outfit “standing” on my sewing chair.
AveryStripSkirtAndtop (4)
This size 6 skirt only used 12 of the 42 strips in the jellyroll which means you can get several skirts from just one jellyroll depending on what sizes you are making – and none of them will look exactly alike.


2 comments:

hilary said...

Please share your recipe. Where did you get that cute hedgehog? That skirt and shirt are the cutest. You are so smart to do that. I'd love to do this for my 2 granddaughters. So glad to see you posting again. BTW, that new precious baby is adorable. Are they in the Dallas area? I know you can't wait to visit.
Hilary

Vail said...

Thanks for the comment "RoseLady"

The link to the skirt directions is

http://www.modabakeshop.com/2010/08/strip-pieced-pleated-skirt.html#more

The applique came from here
http://www.planetapplique.com/

Hope that helps. It was a fun project and I found the t-shirt at Target for less than five dollars

vail