Wednesday, February 23, 2011

gibbs update

Gibbs is doing great!  He is getting really good about going in the crate if I need to put him up so I can leave the house for church or errands.  As long as I toss a treat in he is good to go.  He loves to chase his squeaky ball outside.  Since I don't practice my tossing skills on a regular basis, my long throws may be long or may not be either way he runs after the ball and then runs around making it squeak.   We are working on bringing it back to me and leaving it at my feet - still a ways to go.  Inside he likes to chew on his bones.  He will chew and chew and chew and then chew some more.  He's been here for a good week now so soon, he will be meeting Jed.  I'm not really worried because Jed likes to be the boss and Gibbs does not.  He will do whatever it takes not to create conflict so things should go very smoothly:))  So what is he doing right now??

I know -- I'm spoiling him already.  He wants to stay in the room where I am so if I'm on the computer, he naps on the bed or chews his bone at my feet.

He's got a big test this weekend.  We will see how well he does traveling to Cleveland, staying with a dog sitter and then traveling back to Nashvegas.  It will be interesting.


No comments: