Thursday, October 14, 2010

S’MORE STITCHIN

I wanted to get these wall hangings finished before Halloween came and went so I got busy today and did just that.  The thread I was using to quilt kept breaking.  I rethreaded, I changed needles, I rethreaded, I changed the needle size, I rethreaded  - - - are you sensing a pattern here yet?? Anyway, I finally gave up trying to solve the problem and just kept rethreading. (I was using a multi color thread and I’m kind of wondering if it was just weak in spots??)  Sometimes I sewed for a minute and the thread broke and sometimes I sewed for five or ten, but I finally got them finished.





The lighter yellow looks like a lit jack-o-lantern in the pictures.  I used a blanket stitch for the appliques in the first picture and just a straight stitch close to the edge in the second one.  I also attached the binding on the back side and then used a blanket stitch on my sewing machine to finish it on the front side. 

When I looked at the picture of the ME quilt top, I kept thinking something was not right  -- I suddenly realized that it wasn’t totally finished because it needed borders.  So, I did that today also and now I can say the quilt top is finished and ready to sandwich and add to my “pile”.



The black border is a black with tiny white dots.  The yellow is one of the prints that came with the fabric line.  I had tried to find the red but couldn’t so decided on the yellow.  I like how it turned out.

1 comment:

Polly said...

Very cute stitchin'!! Polly