Friday, October 15, 2010

LONG TERM PROJECTS -- SORT OF

Smocked Easter Dresses were requested for Vail and Katy.  Material was purchased awhile back and I got them cut out and the sleeves sewn in so that they are ready to be pleated.  The material is so very pretty.  I forgot to take pictures and I'm too lazy to go do it now so they will have to wait til another day.   As soon as I get them pleated, I'll get busy with the smocking.  Yes, Easter is several months away but I always seem to run behind when I smock so I'm starting early. 

Also, you may have noticed the Raggedy and Friends button on my blog.  Kaaren at the Painted quilt is sharing her Raggedy Ann and Andy Quilt over the next several months, one block a month. (I've already downloaded the first three) I've never done a quilt like this but love Raggedy Ann and decided to give it a try.  Her quilt is all different colors( It reminds me of a quilt you'd find in your grandma's attic) but I'm doing mine in Red and White..   I found a neat product to make it easy to transfer the embroidery design so that I can easily follow the lines when I embroider.  Tonight I cut out the fabric and pieced the first block.  It's all ready to stitch now.  I'm loving how it looks and pretty proud of the pinwheel blocks I made -- they are my first.
Here you can see most of the block -- it measures 18 1/2 x 18 1/2.  The two white pieces will be hand embroidered.





I've stuck on the "transfer eze" in this picture.  It is very similar to washaway stabilizer so when I'm finished, I can rinse it away.


Now, I'm off to do a few stitches before I go to bed.



No comments: