Friday, May 21, 2010

BLOGGER'S QUILT FESTIVAL 2010

It's time for the Bloggers Quilt Festival again.  Use the link below to visit Amys Blog and see all the wonderful quilts.








I decided to enter a quilt I started in 2008 and finished in 2009.  I made it for my boss to give to her when I retired last year. (she was my principal for the last 15 + years that I taught school.  She was a super boss and continues to be a good friend. )  This is was my first attempt at a log cabin.  It was fun but also a learning experience:)





14 comments:

Lynne (Lily's Quilts) said...

Odd as this sounds, I had to stop and follow your blog just because of the photo of you and your sister and your profile introduction which is much more original and interesting than most I read so I figure I will enjoy reading your blog too and look forward to seeing where it takes you.

Miri said...

I love log cabin quilts and yours is terrific! Very interesting center square...first time I've seen that!

Pattilou said...

When you've developed a friendship with your principal after 15 years, it speaks highly of both of you. My last principal--only had her for one year before I retired and she moved into another position--was a perfect ending. She was a great person to lead that school. Such a pretty quilt and the sentiment is surely making it a treasure for her. Thanks for sharing!

AnnieO said...

How fascinating--I've never seen a Log Cabin started with a Square in a Square. Very clever. The colors are so warm and cozy, what a lovely gift. Thank you for sharing your quilt's story :)

Kelli said...

This quilt is gorgeous. Such a lovely gift.

Marie said...

I just the quilt and the colors wow

Kathy said...

I have a special place in my heart for log cabins because that was the first quilt I made. I sure like your interesting starting point with the unusual center blocks. I'm sure your principal loves the quilt.

QuiltSue said...

What a lovely quilt, done in my favourite sort of colours.

Carol said...

Greetings from another living near Nashville resident. Hope you were not impacted too badly by the flood.

I like the center part to your quilt. Reminds me of fireplaces of all things.

SewCalGal said...

Beautiful. I do so love your fabrics and colors.


SewCalGal
www.sewcalgal.blogspot.com

Laurel H. said...

This is a lovely Log Cabin quilt; lucky principal!

quiltmom anna said...

Great log cabin quilt- it is one of my favorite patterns.
I am sure that your principal loves it.
I hope you are enjoying your retirement.
I am a teacher in Western Canada.
We still have a few weeks of school but June has arrived already. This year has flown by.
Regards from Western Canada,
Anna
http://quiltmomsjourney.blogspot.com/

Eileen said...

lovely quilt and such a wonderful present for a collegue and friend

Karen said...

What a generaous lady you are. But it isn't hard to be so with good friends is it. It is a lovely quilt.