Sunday, May 16, 2010

HORSES AND CLASSES

I've decided that I need an extra mini-camera to keep in my purse because I never have it when I'm gone somewhere around town and always wish I did.  Yesterday Michael, Avery, Vail  and I went to the Agricultural Center where they house the horses that the police use to help in patroling downtown Nashville.  I think they are in use mainly on weekends and for special events.  Anyway, they have funny names like Joe, Edge, Sabre, Scout and about 11 others.  It was a lot of fun.  The horses were out of their stalls and in the indoor paddock that is basically the center part of the huge barn.  Two of them were playing tug of war with a deflated and torn up soccer ball.  They were all quite friendly and I was really wishing I had my camera to take a few pictures.  Naturally I didn't.

This week I have three sewing classes.  Tomorrow I'm going to the Sewing Quick Start class where you take this













and turn it into this small zippered pouch.

while learning more about your machine and some sewing techniques too.  I've never made a case or a purse with a zipper so I'm especially looking forward to that.  Tuesday I have the third of the four mastery classes I'm taking.  I'm a little disappointed because these classes have not been hands on so far but I have learned several things about how my new machine works and that's a good thing.  The class I'm going to on Wednesday is just a lecture but I'm very excited about it because it's about organizing your stash and sewing room.  I can always use organization tips.

Have a great week.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I need to learn how to sew a zipper onto anything. I have a zipper foot on my machine and a broken zipper on my one couch cushion. Unfortunately those two things alone don't get the job taken care of in terms of fixing it.

Also, HIGHLY recommend a camera in your purse.