Friday, March 26, 2010

GIVEAWAY AND OTHER STUFF

Abby Lane Quilts is having a fun giveaway in honor of National Quilt Day.  Check it out.  They are giving away some combo pincushion/threadcatchers and some patterns.

I've been away from my computer for two whole days.  I can't believe it:))  I think I mentioned that I was having some problems with my sewer line.  The city finally got a camera truck to come and check out the line and it ended up being something that I would not have to be responsible for.  They were actually very nice about it.  Since I'd already paid a plumber over a hundred dollars on two different occasions to clean out the line, I'm very glad not to have to put out any more money.

I've been practicing my free hand quilting.  I'm still not particularly confident in how I'm doing but will continue to work on it.  I'm having to order some different thread colors for the two quilts I have ready to work on so I've got more practice time ahead of me.

Made a crockpot of Taco Soup and took it to Jen's for supper tonight.  Brian came too and after supper Jen and I took Micah and went to the grocery to get a couple of things and the guys started putting together the swing set the girls got for their bdays.  I got home a little after 8 and have been reading emails and watching stupid Showtime movies.  They are having a free weekend.  I know now why I'll never pay for their movies -- they have two fairly decent ones for the whole weekend -- The Great Debaters and Twilight.  I've recorded those.   Right now I'm watching My Best Friend's Girl with Kate Hudson and Dane Cook -- She has yet to make an appearance and so far the movie is pretty dumb.

Hope to do a lot of sewing tomorrow and if it warms up , pot some plants I bought the other day.


Enjoy your weekend



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOL. My Best Friend's Girl is more vulgar than it is even stupid. Here is to hoping your TV programming improves. :)

Janice and Marcea said...

Thanks for mentioning our little give away at ABBEY LANE QUILTS. Those little ABBEY BAGS are so fun and easy to make. Good Luck in the contest.