Thursday, October 29, 2009

READY OR NOT I CAN’T WAIT ANY LONGER

I need to sew or embroider or stick my finger with a pin or something so even though I won’t be doing it in my sewing room quite yet, I’ve broken out the old sewing machine and worked on some of the projects I’m so behind on. And you know what -- I feel good!! She’s been packed away since April and I was afraid she would be rusty and not want to work but I was wrong. A little dusting and oiling and she’s been working like a horse for a couple of days. Here’s what we’ve been working on.

I cut out and put together the top to a blanket for Jennifer’s friend who’s expecting a baby. I just have to sew the top to the chocolate brown minky back. I made a burp cloth to go with it.

catching up on sewing

Then I cut out and put together the blanket and burp cloth for my neice Lisa’s surprise. Her two oldest are 9 and 11 or there abouts so Colton William Peace was definitely a surprise to all of them:)

catching up on sewing (5)

A couple of towels for Charley Kate and Micah that I’ve had since before I moved. I still have some basting and stuff to take out of the towels.

catching up on sewing (4)

catchingupwithsewing catching up on sewing (3) catching up on sewing (9) catching up on sewing (10)

Finishing up the embroidery squares that will go in Charley Kate’s Bible story quilt. I’ve got about 6 more squares to go. There will be 24 embroidered squares with sashing in between . I think it will be really pretty.

catching up on sewing (6)catching up on sewing (12) catching up on sewing (18)

I’m hoping to get all caught up on my embroidery before the day is over tomorrow and then get to quilting a quilt that made the move with me. Then I have 2 Halloween pumpkins to make even though Halloween will be over but I don’t think Micah and Charley Kate will remember that they didn’t have their pumpkins for this year and two more Christmas stockings that I’ll have to have ready to hang on the mantel for Christmas. I know there is more on my list but I don’t have it here by my laptop. I’ll be busy for awhile I’m sure.



3 comments:

Mabry's gamma said...

Then I guess this isn't the time to ask you if you make us a quilt??? LOL

Anonymous said...

It all looks good. I think that the Bible story quilt is going to be awesome. Can't wait to see the finished product for that one.

jennifer said...

Is this a good time to remind you that Katy still needs a pumpkin too?