Wednesday, July 29, 2009

A TEXAS VACATION

It doesn’t get any better than spending time with family and what better place to find family than the great state of Texas.  I was finally able to get  over there  to see my newest “grand”, Charlotte Kate ‘aka’ Charley Kate and she’s a real Texas cutie.

043

7-15-2009 046 041 First visit with Charley Kate (15)

As usual, I didn’t get my camera out and take lots of pictures so three of the above are “borrowed” but it’s the thought that counts and besides I had games to play and stories to read.

The weather was pretty hot but Suz and I played catch one day and I even managed to catch some of her pitches.  The kids always like to play Red Light Green Light  and then they had to show me all the tricks they can do on the swing set too.  I don’t see how they have the energy in all the heat.  I’m just watching and it wears me out!!:)

Inside we got to color and play Go Fish.  We read books and watched a couple of fun movies and somewhere in there I held the baby too.  She really is a sweetie.  She likes to rock and cuddle and seems to be really laid back like her daddy.  Course when you are the fourth child you survive much better when you are laid back so I’d say she’s smart too.

We had lots of good food and ate out once – the kids were sooo good.  Thanks to YaYa and Pops for offering to keep the kids for awhile so Stace and I could visit two fabric stores and a kitchen specialty shop.  Where’s a million dollars when you really need it??

Here are some pics from Sunday when Billy was getting the few cuccumbers that were available in the garden and the kids were eating the okra and tomatoes.  (I got to share in the cuccs and tomatoes – deeeelicious.)  There is also some playing happening and cricket chasing and can you find the watermelon in the garden?

First visit with Charley Kate First visit with Charley Kate (3) First visit with Charley Kate (4) First visit with Charley Kate (5) First visit with Charley Kate (6) First visit with Charley Kate (7) First visit with Charley Kate (8) First visit with Charley Kate (9)

Who me?  I’m not eating any grapes.

First visit with Charley Kate (10) First visit with Charley Kate (11) First visit with Charley Kate (12) First visit with Charley Kate (13) First visit with Charley Kate (14)

First visit with Charley Kate (16)

Helping dad pick up clippings.

First visit with Charley Kate (17) 

Molly B reading one of the books we got at the library.

First visit with Charley Kate (20)

 

Monday morning came all to soon and it was time to head back to Cleveland.  I left around nine, got to Cleveland about 2:30.  Met the coffee girls at McDonalds and visited for a little bit and then got Toby from the dog sitter and came on to NashVegas.  It was a long day but I was pretty pumped and didn’t get the least bit sleepy – in fact, it was after one when I finally went to bed.  And speaking of that, it’s almost midnight and I am tired tonight.  Guess I’ll publish this and hit the sack. 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for all the photos. Sounds like you had a blast and they kept you very busy. The grands are all getting so big. Love that red hair on miss Charley!

Danny said...

HI Vail! Just found your blog and so enjoyed it! Congratulations all around for the two new grands, selling your house and finding one in Nashville and retirement! Quite a few great things happening for you!

I'm so sorry that we missed seeing you last Sunday while we were in Cleveland. I wish you the very best with your move!
Love you,
Maggie