This weekend, I'm going to work really hard on the family tree. My plan is to place the leaves exactly where I want them, and tack them on the stem end and the tip. Then I'm going to let the quilting tack the rest of the leaf. I figure whether I stipple or do straight lines on the diagonal, they will be stiched down enough. I'm getting excited about finishing it. After I get the leaves placed, I'm going to do the border and then it will be ready to sandwich. If all goes well, I'll have pictures before the end of the weekend.
I had to replace my patio door and now I'm going to have to replace the gas logs in my fireplace. I picked them out today. They will be very pretty. There will be a very small flame across the front that give the effect of embers burning down and then of course bigger flames toward the back. It will also have a remote control -- the control will have a built in thermostat. It will definitely be a step up but since I had to replace them anyway, I decided to get something nice.
Well, guess I'll straighten up my sewing room so I can start messing it up again tomorrow:)

2 comments:
Those are by far my favorite burp clothes. They turned out great! I love the monkey and giraffe best.
The burp cloths look great! I hope you have a lot of success with selling everything. I can't wait to see the family tree quilt finished!
Post a Comment