Tuesday, January 24, 2012

revanmped nighties. . .

I made nightgowns for my TX girls.  Used the pillowcase dress design.  Didn't consider how confining the width of a pillowcase might be if the nightie was ankle length and the girl was 7 or 9 years old.  So, they came back home with me.  The plan was to get a llittle more fabric and add some fullness to the skirt.  Well, believe it or not, Joannes was out of both flannels I had used to make those nighties.  Sooooo, I went to plan B.  Got interlock knit, and used a different pattern -- but not that different.  Anyway, the two older girls got a nightgown and a flannel pillowcase(from the original nightie).  For the youngest, the skirt was plenty full but since I could cut off the bodice part and use a pattern to cut  new bodice that would fit better, I did revamp that gown too.   Sounds way more confusing than it was.
 Charlotte got a flannel nightie


 Molly Beth and Suzannah got  a nightie and a flannel pillowcase.



I got to cross off another To Do project Woo Hoo!!






No comments: