I've also signed up for my first ever BOM. I see them all the time but this quilt really caught my eye. It is a sampler quilt using the pattern from a book by Jodi Barrows. It is based on the Square Within a Square technique so I've signed up for a class to learn about that. We will meet on the 28th to receive the materials for our first two blocks and the class is Feb. 4th so I won't have to put of my blocks for very long.
I just think it is a beautiful quilt. If mine is anywhere close to this I think I will love it.
To help me gain a little more "piecing" expertise, I've signed up for a class called Piecing Accuracy at a local quilt shop. I know I will get a lot of good tips and pointers from this class.
On top of all these things I've put on my list, I have one quilt ready to quilt that has to be finished as it was a Christmas present and another quilt that needs to be made over the next six to eight weeks. These are just the things at the top of my to do list for 2012. The whole list is probably as long as I am tall and getting longer. So, I'd better get busy don't you think.


No comments:
Post a Comment