Sunday, January 15, 2012

the music quilt --

it's almost completely quilted.  The squares and sashings are completed.  Just the borders and then then the binding and I can return it to its rightful owner.  He's glad too :)

I used black thread and quilted the squares on the diagonal.  I changed the direction of the diagonal in each square.  The overall effect looks good.



I did alternating groups of vertical and horizontal lines going down each sashing and then did a musical note in each of the red blocks and that way was able to finish an entire row/column of sashing with no extra stops and starts.  For the most part, I drew the notes and then free motioned on top of them.




My best attempt at a free motion note without drawing it first.  I only did a couple this way but this one turned out quite well.

Yes,, you do see quite a few dog hairs and lots of lint on the  quilt.  It was on the guest bed so long that the dog started napping on it.  I chased him off quite a few times.  Hopefully when I wash it most of that will be   gone.

2 comments:

Cheri said...

You're doing good at this free hand, I think. Who is this quilt for?

Anonymous said...

Tag! You're it! http://unsuppressedjess.blogspot.com/2012/01/tag.html