In between running errands, playing with the dog, buying some sandals, and other life stuff, I did spend time in my sewing room and managed to finish that stack of towels that I’ve been accumulating for embroidery purposes. I also finished piecing these two quilts ( they are both throw size) One will be a Christmas gift. The other is will be donated to the school where I taught in MS to use in a raffle to help defray overnight field trip costs for some of the students who can’t afford them. This is the second year that I’ve donated a quilt. They did pretty well last year. This time I went to the local fabric shop back home and they very graciously donated the black and white fabrics for the top and I paid for the backing. Both the quilts were fun to piece. The Christmas one is from a pattern called Crazy Eights. It called for eight fat quarters. The other is from a pattern called Take 5.
Here are some pictures.

Recognize some of those fabrics Polly??

I totally love the bright blue (which will also be the back) and the zebra print border.

A few of the fun towels

DO NOT think of your ghost as an exclamation point when choosing a fabric – you might not pick white –not that it matters because it doesn’t except that I had originally planned on white but didn’t get the fabric out and when I actually needed it I was thinking exclamation and went for a different fabric. It grew on me pretty fast


They need to be washed to get some of the chalk off and the last of the washaway stabilizer.
The witch’s feet is my favorite.
No comments:
Post a Comment