Wednesday, July 20, 2011

lesson in binding

I  will be so glad when I get my ME (Mary Englebreit) quilt finished.  I’ve had to redo several things more than once with that quilt.  The last (I hope) crazy thing I did was to cut two of the corners when I was trimming some excess fabric after I had sewn the binding on.  On corner was actually cut in half, the other was just sliced and looked like this
FixingCorners (2)
Luckily I had used scraps to make the binding and it was a fairly easy fix.
I took out about five or six inches of the binding on each side of the corner
FixingCorners
and replaced it with the binding I had left over and voila
FixingCorners (3)
four completed corners.  At least “sewing machine” complete.  I still need to fold the binding over to the back and hand sew it down.  Then it’ll be 100%. 
Now I have two quilts to take on my trip with me and finish the hand work.

1 comment:

Polly said...

Good job, Vail! If you didn't tell them, no one who ever know!