Monday, January 10, 2011

snow and other stuff

We got about four inches of snow last night.  It gave me an excuse to just stay in and so some things around the house.  I took some snow pictures.


I started cooking in preparation for my company next week.  Today I made some corn/chicken chowder and I'm going to make a sour cream pound cake after I finish this post.


I went through my fabric and found two pieces of fabric from Sandy Gervais Essence line and made a cover for my 820.  Now she won't get so dusty when she's not working.


I tried my hand at pajamas for Micah the other day -- I need help learning how to do a t-shirt type neckline.  But, they are just pajamas.
 I made a couple of cute burp cloths to go with a blanket Jennifer made for a friend having her first baby.


I've been researching dog possibilities around this area and found a boxer rescue that I'm going to visit when the snow clears up.  They have boxers and boxer mixes.  No brand new puppies but they do have some younger dogs.  I saw two on line that I want to meet when I go --
Baby -- 3 + months old and has a real boxer look to her even though she's a mix and --



 Bailey who is three and has a boxer mom and a chocolate lab Dad


 I'm going to look at all the ones they have  and the we shall see what happens.

2 comments:

Mindy said...

Sounds like lots of fun. I love the burp cloths. They are SO cute!!

Anonymous said...

You were busy, busy on your snow day. The puppies are both cute. Keep us posted on what you decide. Betsy and Sven just got another puppy two nights ago, Pearl.