Thursday, January 27, 2011

monkey business



I'm down to just the handsewing of the binding and I'll be F  I N I S H E D!! Well, I'll still need to clean up all the threads that need hiding.  I need to figure out how to not have so many thread stops and starts.  I guess I need to choose more "all-over" designs. I'm wishing I had used a nicer muslin for the backing but I know not to use this muslin anymore.  I echoed the whole center section, did a loopy meander in the red border, circle swirls in the inner row of monkeys and something resembling the element in your electric oven in the outer row of monkeys.  It was definitely some good practice for my free motion skills.  And fun to make.

2 comments:

TexasNeals said...

it turned out super cute!

Anonymous said...

So, so cute! Loving that monkey.