Wednesday, January 26, 2011

a finished quilt top and a preview

I've finally finished the quilt top I promised my niece. She sent me the fabric awhile back and I decided I'd better get it done before it got swallowed up in my stash:)  It's based on a pattern from the Moda Bake Shop but because she had a toile fabric that she wanted as the focal point, I made a couple of changes.  I think she will like it. 



The picture's not real clear but if you click on it you will see that the blocks are not all solids. My dilemma now is what to use as a backing -- I'm leaning toward flannel- possibly gray or something similar to the background in the toile.  I'll jazz it up with some of the scraps from the fabrics in the quilt top.  I'm also wondering what color thread to use when quilting.  I will probably match the bobbin color to the backing, but the top?? maybe gray or red.   Should I stitch in the ditch or free motion?  I know I won't get too free in my motion if my thread is going to stand out.  I'm still not that confident with it.  Still lots to think about.

Got a package from fabric.com today.  This was in it.

I'm going to work on a project for somewhere in my house and will show before and after when it's done.  Hopefully in the next week or so.  Now, I'm off to bed.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It looks great. I am so excited. I don't have any suggestions as far as how you should quilt it or what color thread or the back. I know I will love whatever you do and I want you to have the freedom to create/practice/try what you want. :)