Sunday, July 4, 2010

WHAT HAPPENS AT GRAMS STAYS AT GRAMS … OR DOES IT??

Vail and Katy came home with me after church this morning so they could play with Avery.  She and her Dad spent the night last night after we all went to the big fireworks show at Southern Hills.  Anyway, while we waited for Avery to get here from church, they were playing up in the bonus room while I cleaned up from our lunch as I was watching a DVR’d Holmes on Homes.  Just as I glanced up to check on the girls Katy happened to say “Grams, I’m stuck.”  This is what I saw.

July4Weekend (6)
Yup, Kates had stuck her head through the bannister.  She looked away as I took the picture but she was actually grinning and giggling for the moment.  Anyway, I was envisioning having to find a hacksaw to get her loose but right then Michael and Avery arrived and we managed to get her out with a minimum of crying and no damage to person or property.  The funniest thing is that the space just to the left of where she is is large enough that she has turned sideways and put her whole self through the rails but where she was her head would not come out easily.   Michael played the part of Samson and pulled the spindles outward and they did move a little, I kind of lifted her up and when it seemed her head would come out without catching, I just pulled her back.  It was a tight squeeze but nothing caught on the way out.  Anyway, I don’t think she will do it again.  After a quick recovery  everyone was back to playing and a great time was had by all.
Hope everyone had a fun fourth.

5 comments:

jennifer said...

If you don't want to watch the kids anymore you can just say so ;) I only had to glue her head back on once last night. Thanks again we love you!!

Anonymous said...

Poor Katy! I can remember getting my foot stuck in a stool once and being scared. Good thing Katy took it in stride and Michael was there to help. :)

TexasNeals said...

hahahahahaha! i can just see her little smile as you go to get the saw. too funny! (glad it didn't come to that) :)

Cheri said...

Poor Kates. Is that the punishment at Gram's house? LOL

Miri said...

This happened to my son when he was about 3-he got his head caught in an outdoor cast iron railing. I couldn't figure out how he got his in and we couldn't get it out. Fortunately, a man walked by, said he was a doctor and told us to have him tuck him head in-chin to neck sort of-and sure enough, his head came out easily. The doctor said-think baby being born!