Today I finished up a series of two once a week classes on how to use my serger. Even though I’ve used it a little (meaning not even once every month or two) over the two years I’ve had it, I knew there was a lot more I could do with it so I signed up for this class at the Bernina shop and it was great. I can thread it without having to use the manual, change the needles and have a much better understanding of how it works. We used a different color of thread for each of the loopers and the two needles so we could see exactly what each part played in the stitching. My serger is pretty basic but it can still be used for some decorative stitching. I have some fabric that would be good to make a couple of nightgowns.
I can’t wait to do them with the serger and put what I learned to practice.
I’ve also made two more of these crayon roll-ups in cute girly fabrics (I’ll definitely be making some more)– but forgot to take pictures and I finished the blue and the purple fatquarter dresses and –surprise, surprise – I failed to take pictures of the blue one before I gave it away. But it looks just like the purple one except for the color difference. I made some changes to the pattern as I made the dresses so it took me a little longer.
Finally finished smocking this dress –
and hope to get it finished before I go to PA at the end of the month so I can give it to a special little redhead who will be turning 1 this Friday.
That and doing homework for my “Sew Like a Pro” class has filled up much of my spare time.Hope everyone is having a fun week.

4 comments:
Vail,
You do such terrific work. I love all of it. No matter how hard I try when it comes to sewing, it seems by the end it looks terrible. The grans are so lucky that you can make them things.
awww, i can't wait to see charley kate in that beautiful little dress! thanks! i love the fat quarter dress! where did you get the pattern? was it fairly simple?
The crayon rolls are great. I keep telling myself I am going to find time to make Mabry one. It just hasn't happened yet.
Mom....you are the best! I love you.
Post a Comment