Wednesday, January 16, 2013

finished my first schnibbles flimsy

This  project involved a lot of cutting of some fairly small pieces.  The pattern is called Plan C.  I used some white fabric from my stash and 2 Christmas themed charm packs.  For those who don't know, charms are precut 5" squares.  Every charm -- there are 69 used in the quilt was cut into at least four pieces.  Lots of cutting :)  Then after laying out each row, There were 11 sections to each row that had to be pieced togerther and several of those sections had been pieced before laying the rows out.   It was time consuming but still fun to do. Reminds me of a jigsaw puzzle in some ways.  Now I just need to quilt it. I will try another one .  Here are some pictures of the process.


Cutting and Piecing



 These are sets of flying geese

 Piecing the outer border



 The middle of the quilt without any borders

With the inner border

The finished top.  It's abut 34 inches square.  I managed to pretty much cut off the top and bottom borders.
It turned out pretty well for my first one.

Hope everyone is having a great week.


2 comments:

jennifer said...

It turned out so good mom. Beautiful!!!

Cheri said...

It is pretty...I love the colors