I bought this book awhile back because it had all these neat quilt blocks in it and had a good story behind it. Then when I gave it a closer look, I saw that it involved a technique I had not heard of -- paper piecing. Well, I've been researching paper piecing for awhile and today when it became clear that I needed to clean up my sewing room or declare it a
garbage pit mess, I dug out the book again and made my first paper pieced block which also happens to be block 1 in the book. I pulled out some fabric I've had for awhile from Connecting Threads called Canning Days. It's kind of retro and I like how it looks in the block I made. It was fun and I can't wait to make some more but I still have to clean up my messy sewing room.
2 comments:
I have the book, too. This quilt is on my bucket list!!
i'VE PAPER PIECED BEFORE - IT'S EASY. dO YOU LIKE IT ? YOUR BLOCK LOOKS VERY GOOD AND I LOVE THE COLORS.
Post a Comment