Wednesday, November 30, 2011

sneak peek --- just for cheri

My sister-in-law asked me to make her a quilt. I said "sure, as long as you don't need it any time soon.  She  was visiting back the end of October so we shopped for   fabric.  Cheri wanted plums and grays and a cream color for the background.  She let me choose a pattern and since I've been eyeing it for quite some time,  I'm doing one from Moda Bake Shop called  Sunkissed Squares.    Last night I decided to do one of the big squares made up of seven parts.  I started with this . . .

and began the "building" process . . .



Does the phrase "measure twice, cut once"  come to mind when you look at that picture?

 This looks much better
 


You can see that it's made up of the middle square and then six other parts added to it.  They are just pinned around the center for now.  It will be awhile til I get to the rest of it but I was curious to see how it would go together. AND  Cheri gets a sneak peek :)   Now I'm motivated to get finished with the things above it on my TO DO list so I can get back to it. 

1 comment:

Cheri said...

Oh I am so excited!!!! Now I really can't wait...what a teaser. LOL