Jennifer wanted to make Micah a twin sized quilt. He loves StarWars. I think everyone at her house loves Star wars. She saw a quilt on the Internet that someone else had made and decided to give it a try so she got a set of Vintage starwar sheets on Ebay and some fabrics she thought went well with the sheets. She has been in my sewing room once or twice a week since early October and worked very hard. She is ready to start quilting. This is her first quilt and a very ambitious undertaking. I think it looks great.
The back is a navy blue sheet with a stripe of leftover fabrics.
The gray on the front is also from a sheet and the squares are made using the characters she cut from the flat starwars sheet (the fitted sheet will be used on Micah's bed eventually) and the assorted fabrics she got. She cut different width strips from the different fabrics and then just put them together scrappy style.
I answered questions and supplied some moral support. She did the hard part.
I think Micah will love it.


2 comments:
Tell Jennifer it is looking really good. I commend her for such an undertaking. So does that mean I can (bug) ask her to make my next quilt? LOL Hate for her to waste her talent on just one, just saying.
Hey that does look pretty good :) Thanks mom!
Post a Comment