Friday, March 25, 2011

does this make me obsessive?

Awhile back (I'm ashamed to say how long) my good blog friend Polly had a giveaway that I won.  She sent me 5 really pretty Xmas fat quarters and a book.  I was doing some re organizing of my fabrics a couple of weeks ago and came across said FQs.  It dawned on me that they would make a really cute holiday throw for a family member who shall remain anonymous for now.  I just needed to find a few more FQs or the equivalent so I'd have enough to make the pattern "Crazy Eights".  So I looked through my stash and found just what I needed including backing.  Now to adress my post title.  I cut my eight fabrics into the appropriate squares and rectangles and then worked and worked until I got all my fabric divided among the blocks without using any fabric twice in the same.  Now that meant dividing 8 fabrics into 32 blocks.  It took me two tries -- the first time I didn't really have a method and ended up with too many pieces that would make repeats so I separated it all again and started over the next day.  So that's why I'm asking -- does that make me obsessive?  Here are:

My 32 blocks divided into four stacks so I can piece my four different squares -- A,B,C,D (only three stacks are in the picture)

The beginnings of my squares.  I pieced one of each of the four different squares and then decided to go on and work on just the D squares so that farthest stack is a little taller.

My stuffy nose and achy sinuses have encouraged me to call it quits for tonight.  So I'm on my way to join Gibbs really soon.


No comments: