and then the back. I really like pieced backs. I think they add a lot of interest to quilts.
It turned out really well.
I decided to try one of the kits I got from Connecting Threads a while back so I made this table topper. It was an easy 1 day project -- except that too many interruptions made it take a little longer but I really thought it turned out cute. I practiced some freestyle quilting on this. Did something different in each of the different sections. I'm not sure I have piecing triangles down pat but it was a fun project and I put it on my table (which is badly in need of refinishing --- but that's another job for another
And finally, I finished the sock monkey quilt top. I did discover that the wide border fabric was not on grain(?). If I had cut it on grain the monkeys would not have been straight so I cheated a little.
Still need to sandwich it and quilt it. Can't quite decide what to back it with. I'm kind of hoping I can find some nice muslin at Jo Ann fabrics and use my 50% off coupon on a bolt so I can have backing for several quilts to come.
Tomorrow (or I guess I should say later today) I will have to do my "homework" for my Thursday sewing class but it won't take long and then I'll do some more of something...... not sure what.

1 comment:
Everything looks great! I love the border on the sock monkey quilt. It makes me think of the Brady Bunch.
Post a Comment